Thursday, December 20, 2012

Raison d'être, or Why This Blog exists.

Ok, now I realize that this probably should have been my first post, but oops oh well here it is now.

I decided to write this blog and make the journey to becoming a drag queen that much more difficult because its something that I would have wanted when I first started thinking about this. I've always been told that in order to be a drag queen of any kind of merit you need a drag mother, but after watching 4 season of RuPaul's Drag Race and having a few of those amazing queens say that they were self taught gives me hope that I could perhaps at some point join the pantheon of drag goddesses that this show has brought forward. Sounds cheesy and contrived but I'm seriously not sucking up to anyone, who am I sucking up to anyway?

In all honestly RuPauls has done so much for drag it blows my mind, if you ask anyone to name any drag queens they know almost everyone will say RuPaul, in a manner of speaking she has made drag mainstream. It isn't something that people are ashamed to talk about, not that drag queens were really ever shy about their particular past-time of choice, but I have straight friends that talk about Drag Race whose only real connection to the LGBT community is, well, me.

But I digress, this blog is something that I hope at one point is something someone can look at and actually use, not just me babbling randomly about dressing like a woman. I know that I might be setting my hopes a little high but who cares, remember go big or go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment